Monday 17 August 2015

Burying the Ex review

Back in June I posted about a new movie trailer called Burying the Ex. Well last night I finally watched it. Let's just say....this could have been worse. 


The movie revolves around a horror fan and his overbearing girlfriend who dies and comes back as a zombie due to an evil wish to be together forever. In the film Anton Yelchin, also from Star Trek reboot movies as Chekov, tries to break up with his girlfriend, played Ashley Greene (Twilight series), but on the way over she is struck by a bus and killed. While Yelchin's character finally tries to go after a new girl, Alexandra Daddario, Greene comes back from the dead being her usual possessive self refusing to believe they aren't meant for eachother. 
Yelchin as Chekov

Let me be honest here and say I had higher hopes when I saw the trailer versus seeing the film. While I did enjoy Greene's decaying and the one line in the film that had my LOL ("I'm shaving my taint"), the rest of the film was just meh. I don't know if it was the lines, the lack of music or something in the background, the awkwardness of Yelchin and Daddario getting together, or the lack of other support actors besides the half-brother but I felt like something was missing. 

I watched Life After Beth, another zombie film not that many knew about, and I LOVED IT! It was funny, witty, just great. I was hoping this was be along those lines but this was awkward at times. AWKWARD=AWKWARD.

Anyways, using my new my review ratings (explained later on ths site) I give this one thumbs up...cuz I didn't completely hate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment